Friday, July 3, 2009

Watching

This serves two meanings! First, the answer (question? ha.) to last night's WOF clue was Jeopardy! Host Alex Trebek. The exclamation point really gave it away.

The first watching refers to some that I did today of stand-up comedians. Comedy Central has a whole weekend of stand-up, so I watched some. It strikes me more and more that the atmosphere is so important to get people laughing. D.L. Hughley was poorly making fun of people in the front row, and everyone was laughing. It was just not too funny. I like how I can call watching TV research. But it is helpful to see how people do well (or poorly...or somewhere in between).

As stated before, no other comedy today but for jotting down some ideas. But if each of them becomes a joke, that would be solid. I played a lot of Zelda and watched a lot of mediocre television. I ate fairly well though, so that was solid.

To fill the comedy void, I will at last respond to a request for video. I did not want to post this until after my Gotham show since I used some of the same material. But this was taken from my very first show. I see now that I have definitely improved since then, which is good. But for those of you who haven't been able to see me, this is a taste. Be warned, it is probably rated PG-13, so keep away from impressionable children (my freakin' ears!). Enjoy your turn to watch!

Simon Krauss - watch more funny videos

or the website here where you can vote that I am Funny!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, that's actually rather amusing! Keep 'em coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, really liked that! I found myself laughing out loud instead of just *saying* I was laughing out loud!

    Two complaints from me and then one from the Civil Union of Two Numbers:

    1) You had a brilliant joke about hotels in Europe being the best place to shop, and your presentation was immaculate; the complaint-part is that your follow-up was a bit shabby... As soon as you follow a joke with "Anyway..." or "So..." or "But, uhmm..." The joke sounds scripted (go figure) instead of you just being innately humorous. It also cuts off laughter time, which is never good.

    2) Sometimes, your jokes seemed too 'Ima comedian! Laugh!' (scripted) instead of just, again, you being innately funny... They were all genius, but your presentation was too fast for it to seem natural. Take the advice of every stage-performer EVER- slow down a bit and relax.

    I'm not sure how old this video is, it's the only one I could find of you so far (dammit, man, YouTube it up!) but I love it! Now I'm off to read the rest of the blog!

    Oh, and 3) The CUTNs (careful...) wanted me to tell you that 'ad' is two letters. Not numbers.

    That is all.

    ~J

    ReplyDelete