Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cleaning

Limited amounts of comedy today. But a large amount of productivity as the first floor of the house underwent a major cleaning operation. It was getting to everyone, so we went for it. We cleaned the whole kitchen, refrigerator and all. We took out a lot of trash and old food, cleaned the dirty dishes in the sink, washed the floor. We cleaned and vacuumed the living room and finally figured out whose dirty socks were under the sofas. And I found some change under the seat cushions, which was solid.

Other than that, people were just home today hanging out. Frosted mini wheats for lunch. Then in the afternoon I set out to get rid of some nearing bad potatoes by making a nice batch of mashed potatoes, recipe courtesy of Alton Brown. I did not have half-and-half, so I improvised a bit. They were pretty good. This house lacks a potato peeler and a potato masher, and I could not locate my garlic, so I improvised there too. Still, delicious. Not much else exciting happened today, but it was relaxing nonetheless, which was nice. And the kitchen is clean. Which is always nice. Dishes, where? I don't see any dirty dishes. There are reports that tomorrow will be taco night. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment