Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mtrking

The title will make sense soon enough. Today I headed to New Jersey for the bris of my new cousin Nathan Krauss. I took Amtrak to Wilmington where my dad picked me up. On the way up I ended up in business class by accident. Man, all sorts of leg room. It was nice. Perfect for a mid-morning nap.

It was a lovely event. A lot of oooing and ahhing over Nathan, along with the standard yakking and eating. It was nice that people came in from all over, I'm glad I could make it. The train ride home was not as fancy, but I was, of course, still able to nap.

While hanging out in the evening, I discovered that some of my keys were not quite right. So in an attempt to fix one key I actually broke a few. Grumble. And as the fixing continued, the more broken it became. So now my A and Q keys are pretty much broken (hence the title, without the A's). I have to press extra hard and the key caps are coming off. I grumblingly called Dell, and amazingly was able to talk to a real person in about 8 minutes, explain my problem in 2 minutes, and have a new keyboard on the way in 10 minutes. Finally, quality customer service! It should be here soon. I have to put it in myself, but she claimed it was easy, and if not they could walk me through it. Woo.

I booked two gigs today for two Saturday nights in August. One is a contest! Maybe I will win! That would be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment