Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Comforting

Another standard morning. Majora's Mask and TPIR. No FMWs today though, I wasn't feeling it. I had a solid sandwich for lunch though, then snacked on some leftover chips and salsa from taco night. I also took a nap for the first time in a while. That felt good. Dinner was just things I could grab, I was not particularly hungry.

In the afternoon I did a bunch of work preparing for tonight. I was once again happy with the afternoon. Not too strenuous, but still productive, and I was able to write and refine a bit and then put together my set for tonight. I practiced in the mirror, making special note of my body language/posture/hand usage. The things that I can't really practice when waiting in the restaurant/bar/comedy lounge.

I think my gig went well tonight. A crowd of maybe 20 total, my jokes definitely got some laughs. I did some new stuff, and as always, some of it worked and some of it did not. But I like where some of it is going. I felt much more comfortable today. I felt comfortable schmoozing with the other comedians, I felt comfortable watching and not knowing when I was going up, I felt comfortable taking cues from the host. I talked to some other comedians who seemed to all like the one show, so I will probably do that. I was comfortable driving home without directions, that was was nice. I could enjoy the smooth voices of the Black Eyed Peas on the radio. Overall, a solid night.

No comments:

Post a Comment