Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Planning

The usual morning/early afternoon, with TPIR and a nice sandwich for lunch. I've made an executive decision: all roles hitherto played by lettuce in my food related activities will henceforth be taken over by spinach. It is a much more delicious choice. I played some piano in the afternoon, some more complicated passages utilizing both hands. I enjoy it, I can sense myself getting better. I won't be a virtuoso, but I'm definitely progressing. Dinner was leftovers from last night, which were still pretty delicious.

The comedy work I did today was setting up for the rest of the summer. It's a tad meta, I know, but it needs to get done. I finished sending some e-mails that I had not done when I was in New York, inquiring about open-mics and other shows, about scheduling and sign-ups and frequency. I scouted the venues, looking for reviews and how succesful the mikes are, seeing what neighborhoods they were in, things like that. I'm stilling waiting for some responses, but it looks like, starting next week, I should be performing (in some way...some open-mics hardly count...) every other Monday, every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, every other Friday, and variably on Saturday. That'll average to about 4 performances a week, which I think is reasonable but not ridiculous. Hopefully if I set them ahead of time, either officially or not, I'll force myself to go even when watching the Phillies is a more immediately appealing option.

Tomorrow I'll prepare for my show on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. ooo spinach, a nice alternative. gotta get some nice, healthy dark green veggies in there. katie would be proud...

    ReplyDelete