Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pioneering

A typical morning (to those of you who have this read aloud to you, not an atypical morning, a typical morning). Played some more Majora's Mask, beat the first temple, but I'm still fairly confused. Then TPIR and FMW. Then hung out with AP who takes Mondays off. I played some piano and watched Next Food Network Star. Only four people left. We watched Kid Jeopardy and felt dumb when none of us answered (questioned?) final jeopardy. But neither did the kids. So there.

Then, after ordering in from Good Danny's (We Delivery! is the claim on their menu), we were a few bites and home runs into the home run derby when the power went out. Gasp! So we went and ate outside as it was still a bit light out, and we saw that power was out for the whole block. So for about an hour and a half we were really roughing it, no lights, no computers. Like Pioneers. Except with running water. And cell phones. And take-out. After an hour inside by candlelight the power came back on, we could return to a life of being in the same room but not talking to each other. Hooray!

Did a little comedy today. I went over my show from Friday and tried to analyze how it went. I made notes on which jokes worked, noted any particularly good or bad wordings, remembered the joke I forgot. I think the analysis is pretty helpful, and hopefully I'll put it to good use in the shows this week. Of which there should be at least three. Hmm, I have to send some e-mails tomorrow. I'll make a note.

No comments:

Post a Comment