Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Talking

Oh no! I fell asleep watching TV and in my tired state forgot to blog. So a few hours late, but here we go.

I slept in a little more than usual. Nice. Then watched TPIR, as usual. In an effort to clear out the fridge and freezer I made a meatloaf. It was delicious. I decided that today I was going to write new material. So I just wandered around on the first floor talking to myself. It was more productive than sitting down to write. I'm glad no one else was home though, that would have been a little strange. So I just jotted down what I had been saying and then picked some things to make jokes out of. Then I made the jokes out of them and made a set out of them.

Although you're never supposed to do all new stuff, I did it anyway. Tonight's show was fairly mundane. Some of my things did well, others did not. I'll take another look at them and see what's worth keeping, what's worth changing, and what's worth ditching. I definitely felt comfortable tonight, though, which is good. It's becoming less and less of a performance and more and more of a friendly chat. Or at least that's how it feels. Nothing unusual from the other comedians tonight.

So, the last week. Not much out of the ordinary this week. I'll be performing every night this week, probably. Tuesday and Wednesday at the shady restaurant in Arlington, Thursday at the Comedy Spot, and Friday in Cleveland Park. Friday during the day will be a clean the house day, then I'm shipping out sometime midday on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment