Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Grumbling

A usual morning. TPIR and FMW. My milk apparently went bad, so I had to mooch some other milk, which was whole milk. Man, that stuff is ridiculous. In the afternoon I cooked my eggplant before it went bad. After a bit of errands in the afternoon, I started putting my set together. I was trying to pick my best 6-7 minutes to do for the contest.

It was encouraging to go through and pick all of the things that I think worked. I would say that all of my items under consideration, maybe my B+ stuff and better (that's on my grading scale, not real comedy's....), probably totals to almost 15 minutes. So that's a solid amount to start with. And that's just a look through, I'm sure there are other good jokes I'm missing. But I picked and chose and ended up with what I thought was my best stuff.

After dinner and hanging, I got ready to go. And I got in my car and turned the key. Hmmm, that's odd. Nothing is happening. Upon further inspection, I had left one of the ceiling lights on. Which is silly, because I don't recall using that light. And in car design critique, I think it would make sense to have all lights turn off automatically after fifteen minutes. Who uses those while the engine is off for more than fifteen minutes? Grumble. So, AP was gone, so I couldn't jump it, and the metro would not have gotten me there on time. So I had to grumblingly return inside. Grumble. We will jump it tomorrow (and when I say we, I mean Pat because he knows how to do it and I don't and would probably explode the cars.)

The only thing making it slightly OK is that I had forgotten this place also had an open-mic on Wednesday that I usually skipped since I did it on Tuesdays. So I will go tomorrow. And perhaps I will go next Wednesday as well. So that means now I'll be doing seven or eight shows in ten days. Bedtime, we'll try this again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. how did you cook your eggplant? i hear the best way is to leave it in the oven and have someone else come home and find it ;) and that way it doubles as a fun game!
    oh man, i should totally pass that kitchen tip along to melissa to use in her show...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one way to do it. Or you can lightly bread it and bake it on a cookie sheet with a drop of olive oil on each side. The eggplants get nice and sweet and crunchy, and they're delicious as is, or you're on your way to a not-so-greasy eggplant parm!

    ReplyDelete