Monday, August 10, 2009

Baking

It was hot today. Really hot. Which compounded the annoyances a bit. I have a limited recollection of what went on in the morning/early afternoon, though I know FMWs were there earlier and a sandwich was there later. Then around two I left to meet a friend I had worked with last summer.

Our plan was to go to the Holocaust Museum. And we did. Except when we got there, we were frustrated to find out that you needed passes to get to most/all of the exhibits. That seems silly to me. I looked at the website and it said that admission was free and open to the public, and in retrospect only later down the page mentioned passes. I feel like once I see that it's open and that admission is free, I can expect to be able to walk in and see a large portion of the exhibits. Grumble. So we saw some things, but not much. Instead we went to the art galleries nearby, which we pleasant but nothing special. Then we walked to Chinatown and ate some noodle soup and pork buns.

In the evening I came home and the AC was on! Hooray for coldness. We postponed the burger cookout for tomorrow. Anyway, since I thought of these but will never use them in a show, I share two jokes with you now:

Have you seen the movie about the search for a teenage fish who runs away from home because no one understands him? It's called Finding Emo.

and

Who was the world's first prop comedian? TriCarrotTops!

Groan all you want, I think they are funny.

1 comment:

  1. Here's one for you: What did the nut say when it sneezed? Cashew!

    ReplyDelete