Friday, August 21, 2009

Performance the Twenty-Sixth?

Was, unfortunately, not tonight. A month ago I e-mailed the host to get on the show, saying that I was 95% sure I'd be in town, to put me on, and I'd let him know for sure later. I realized yesterday that I had not received a pre-show e-mail, so I contacted him. He responded saying he never heard from me and figured I had already left town and that the show was full, so he'd e-mail if he heard from someone who could not make it. There was no such e-mail. I think that I'm like 60-40 in the right, since if he assumed I was out of town, why not just e-mail, and I'm pretty sure I originally made it seem like I was coming. Then again, I should have followed through with my original e-mail. So just a misunderstanding. It was...understandable?

But, that's OK. I think last night was a much more appropriate final performance. I even had a final thank-you speech, at which point the movie could freeze frame and roll credits. And I'm not grumbling because the misunderstanding was reasonable on both ends.

So, the question is now, where and when will performance the twenty-sixth be? I'm not quite sure yet, but hopefully it will be soon and somewhere on Princeton's campus. Maybe Whitman Theater, or one of the black-boxes? We shall see. But I am pleased to say that it is indeed in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment