Saturday, August 22, 2009

Packing

Today was basically a day of preparing to leave. After TPIR, we spent the afternoon cleaning and getting the house in presentable shape. We cleaned the whole kitchen and the bathrooms and had to deal with a lot of random items no one lad claim to. We got it done though, so all we have to do tomorrow is a final vacuum and a final counter wipe down, then load the car and go. Other than that, as detailed in the other post, no show tonight, but I'm OK with that.

Tomorrow, when my summer experience is truly over, I'll discuss the comedy side. Tonight, I'll discuss the non-comedy things. First, the five non-comedic goals I set.

Explore DC - Not fantastic, but decent. I hit most of the things on the mall and did the Capitol Building thing. So I accomplished what most people in a week's vacation. I didn't see any of the food/nightlife/etc, but I was not particularly interested in that.

Learn basic piano skills- I think this went well. I got through the lesson book I have and can play pretty much all of the songs in it. I can play most songs with a simple right hand melody and left hand chords. If it's more complicated, I can take some time and get close, especially if the key is easy.

Beat Ocarina of Time - I did this as well as Majora's Mask. Nice.

Arrange a song for PUB - This just did not happen. One of these days...

Blog about my summer - This went well. I blogged about every day and only missed blogging one night. I don't know exactly how large my readership is, but it's greater than zero, so that's something.

Overall, I am happy with my non-comedy summer. The housing itself was perfectly adequate. I only wish I realized that a fifteen minute walk to the metro was much longer than it looked on Google maps. I would have preferred less ants and bugs, but other than that, it was exactly what I needed. The company was nice too, a nice cast of characters. But all really nice guys, hopefully our paths will cross again. I ate well, cooking for myself, ordering in maybe four times and eating out maybe six or seven. Four of five goals seems pretty good too.

Hope to be out no later than one tomorrow, trekking through the storms on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment