Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Regimenting

Today was a pretty typical day. Up around the usual time, hung out and TPIR in the morning. In the afternoon I sent some e-mails and updated my resume, which was strangely amusing. I also got an e-mail from the Maury show asking to be in the audience. Which is funny, both because I have some Maury jokes and because they just found my e-mail address on the band website. Then I wrote some jokes, mostly reworking of the things from yesterday, but a few new ones. Nothing spectacular, but I think it went well.

After watching the usual sports talk shows yak about Brett Favre (grumble), I made some chili. I successfully finished the ground beef, the tomatoes, my onions, and my beans. A nice kinda toss everything in the pan. I made a lot, but the house-mates ate some and I'll have some tomorrow. Then, after a quick storm passed through, I left for my gig.

Tonight's show was just another day at the audience. The show had about seven comedians, which was a nice size, the whole show ran about 80 minutes. I went second to last, but that was not terribly late, so it was fine. I thought most of my stuff went well, and I got a decent sense of what worked. It's funny how some things I thought would be hilarious do poorly and other off the cuff remarks do well. Such is the art form. But I've definitely gotten more comfortable. I was talking to a new guy who said he liked to go first, otherwise he would just be anxious as the others went. I feel like I used to be like that, just worrying about my stuff, going over it in my head. But that is the case no longer. I can just listen and then get into joke-telling mode when it is my turn to go. Also of note, a very loud table of guys up front, who kept calling out things in very heavy accents. Why do people feel the need to talk? And if you're going to talk, don't sit in the front. Grumble.

Today was my last day alone in the house. Sam has off tomorrow, Kabeer on Thursday, and both on Friday. So the average day in the house, to some extent, is over. But it's not that different when people are home. My final week presses onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment