Friday, June 12, 2009

Writing

I've decided I'm talking too much about non-comedy exploits. So I'll try to keep those to a short paragraph (not counting this one.)

Up around 9, played RCT, Sportscenter, TPIR, the usual. Had Frosted Mini-Wheats, forgot how delicious they were. Played some piano, learned the F chord position and other things, played some nifty songs. A little Ocarina of time, leftovers for dinner, some N64. Pretty solid non-comedically.

Comedically, I did two things. I finished sending a lot of e-mails. I haven't gotten very much back. One e-mail said he was full and offered me time in somewhere too far away. The other was very helpful. It's from a guy who runs 3 shows a week (one is paid...crazy...), and it seems very together. He included a guide document for newbies, geared towards his shows but helpful overall. New people start out doing 3 minutes at his shows. That's not a lot of time, but it's worth it to start. I may perform as early as this coming Wednesday, we'll see how I feel.

I also sat down and wrote for the first time (well, while in DC) today. I'm not sure exactly how to go about this process, so it was slow at first. Then I think I made some progress, just getting ideas down and connecting funny thoughts. I'm not exactly sure how funny thoughts become a stand-up routine, aside from just stringing them together. But I feel like I could put together 3 minutes pretty decently, so maybe I will do this Wednesday show. I'll think about it. But I think this was the push I needed to finally start working. Now the creative juices are flowing, and the comedy should just pour forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment