Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Class One

I had class one today. Before I started writing, after awaking, I watched SportsCenter, played Roller Coaster Tycoon, watched The Price is Right and Judge Hackett, and ate a cupcake. Fun stuff, I know.

First I wrote things I disliked. This was slightly more difficult than expected, because even though I hate a lot of things, some of them are not really applicable (e.g. why don't we have self-scheduled finals. Grumble.) But I put a nice list together, so all was well. Then I wrote my celebrity put-down. I ended up hating on Lindsay Lohan. It definitely ended up sounding pretty forced, but there were some good jokes in there.

I ventured to class, doing better at subway-ing. In class everyone just got up and presented their stuff. Some were professional comedians, so they definitely had their stuff together. But I could see me being there someday. I "performed" to moderate laughter. Most of the feeback was that I had good ideas but needed to work on the jokes, which is good because I thought we were just supposed to write down things that annoyed me. So I have a week now to take these ideas and make jokes.

Then I had a slightly less expert subway ride home, but I made it, so all is good. I grabbed a sandwich from Au Bon Pain and fries from McDonald's (they had a dollar menu. I was shocked.) And now I'm watching fake football, with the main event being Eagles-Cowboys. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment