Saturday, June 20, 2009

Repeating

Today was a lazy day. Beat the forest temple. Nice. Another day of frosted mini wheats for breakfast/lunch and tuna for dinner. I should probably go shopping...or be less lazy. I also spent forever trying in vain to hook up a printer. It should really not be that difficult. Anyway...

I had my gig tonight. First I spent a couple hours in the afternoon working on my act, trying to incorporate some of the things we talked about in my private. I think it was more difficult to work on them because they weren't 100% my idea, but hopefully it will improve them. I stuck with pretty much the same material (hence repeating) I did on Wednesday, but tweaked some of the jokes.

I decided to drive because Google maps claimed it was 26 minutes. That was a bit short, but whatever. Still though, this city is awful for driving. Truly awful. I got there in time and waited. The other comedians were good, always a mix, there was another "Bright Young Face." That's my official title. I was on after intermission. I think I did OK, it didn't feel as good as the first time. I think the crowd was a) older and b) less drunk (a cash bar with $8 mixed drinks vs. a pub with $2 miller lite bottles.) People still laughed, just not as much I don't think. So not spectacular, but decent. I think I had a beginner's rush deal, and now that it has worn off I need to actually be funnier. They also may have had higher expectations since there was a cover. So, not great, but not bad. Next time I'll do some new material, build up the rep. The last guy tonight went for 50 minutes. Granted, a lot of that was crowd work, but still, that's a lot of material. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment