Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hanging Out

Today was my first full day in the house. I took the opportunity to just hang out. The morning was SportsCenter, Price is Right, the usual. Then I went to get groceries at the Giant about 2 miles away. Being the suburbanite that I am, of course I drove. It wasn't so bad, maybe 15 minutes on the road. I took this opportunity to get some staples as well things for meals. This shopping trip should last me 2 weeks, plus or minus. So looks like I'm on budget for now.

In the afternoon I started my self piano lessons. I'm pretty good when I don't have to move my fingers from the C major position. Also went to Amazon and bought a webcam and a laptop cooling padso it doesn't burn my lap. I should've purchased one of them years ago. Oh well. That was exhausting, so it was followed by a nap - I'm pretty keen on one of the couches for napping. That was followed by some Ocarina of Time - the Deku tree gets easier every time.

I whipped up a pretty solid dinner. Peppers, onions, chicken, soy sauce, linguini. Delicious, with leftovers for another meal tomorrow. Then we watched Hitch and some NBA finals. Bed will soon follow.

You're probably wondering where comedy played into today. I could say that I was just being inspired all day. But that would be a large exaggeration. But I did check out dcstandup.com and wrote some e-mails inquiring about open-mic nights. It looks like I should be able to reasonably perform 4-5 nights a week, I'm still waiting to hear back.

That's about all. NBA finals then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment