Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Refocusing

As promised, I did more comedy things today. First though, I woke up and beat the Shadow Temple. Not too tough. Then watched the Price is Right and Wimbledon, both entertaining. Finished the eggplant parm for lunch, still delicious. In the afternoon I helped facilitate the delivery of Bill's mo-ped, which is partially put together in the garage now. Dinner was eggs and leftover rice, then I just pretty much hang out afterward.

The afternoon was productive comedy related. I spent a while on the phone with Gotham finalizing reservations and such, then wrote an e-mail with plans for Sunday. I'm looking forward to performing for people I know - I better not disappoint. But I shan't, no worries. Then I spent some time writing, working on my stuff for Sunday. I wrote some new jokes, reworked some old ones, and made some temporary scraps. I think the hardest part for me will be throwing jokes away. Especially the ones that I think are funny but no one else does. As I perform more it will be clear what works and what doesn't - two performances are not much, and that's only for 3 minutes of material.

I'll also decided that I think I'm writing a bit backwards. I've been writing jokes about a topic, while I should be writing jokes and then coming up with the topics later. It's easier to think of funny things then of funny things about bananas (though those jokes pretty much write themselves. Hehe bananas.) So I think that's a change that needs to be made. So instead of writing routines I write jokes that become routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment