Sunday, June 7, 2009

So It Begins...

I just finished packing. I feel like I'm taking a bit too much for 2.5 months. The final count was one big suitcase, one small suitcase, 2 garbage bags of linens, and 3 bags/boxes of miscellany. Plus my keyboard for teaching myself piano. Plus a grill for communal purposes I picked up from Sam's house. So it should all fit in the van no problem.

Tomorrow I go to New York for orientation, then staying with Barnes/Ford (Week 12: Eagles vs. Cowboys?!?!), my first class Tuesday, and then to DC by way of Havertown on Wednesday. I'll discuss each of these events as they occur, as daily blog posts will hopefully be starting tomorrow (well, today I guess).

In other news, I listened to a lot of comedians in the car this weekend. It confirmed what I already knew, which is that Ellen Degeneres is hilarious, flagrant racism is not, and Steve Martin was more ridiculous than funny. I also spent a lot of time with family, which will hopefully fuel some of my material. They asked that names be changed, but no one in DC will know who they are anyway (unless they all come, as they say they will).

So tomorrow it really begins. Should be fun. And hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment